I am Jen Eve Taylor
As you might have gathered, I had cancer! I was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma (bone cancer) in my upper jaw in August 2017. I was treated at UCLH in London, where I had 7 months of gruelling chemotherapy (think 24 hours/day, 5 days/week). I then had surgery in March 2018 to remove a big tumour from my jaw and reconstruct my jaw from the bone from my shoulder. The roof of my mouth is now made up of skin and muscle from my back! I went over a year without any top teeth before going back in for surgery to attach dental implants into my cheekbones to give me some sort of normalcy again.
- Having a pint at the pub with my mates
- Being alive (despite the universe having had other plans)
- Transforming the language that is used around cancer
- Improving the lives of people going through cancer
- Giving talks
- Supporting people who are going through something similar to what I did
- Connecting with people
Don’t hesitate to drop me an email to say hi or ask me any questions, or if you want my opinions or to work together on something!